Have you ever thought of using Pinterest to grow business? Or, just ignored Pinterest by considering it as an unsuitable platform for marketing.
Honestly, I’ve seen Marketers are being busy around Instagram and Facebook and forget about this network. But if they keep on avoiding Pinterest, surely they’re missing a great potential to promote business globally.
Well, maybe you’re one of them!
Pinterest is a visual search engine just like google and also an ideal platform to make more money for businesses. Here, mostly the audience is unique and of buying mindset compared to other social networks.
So it is quite true, Pinterest is the best platform to increase your revenue.
Meanwhile, Pinterest is also one of the platform pops up in mind when it’s about promoting products with enticing photos.
Read on the entire blog post to know how to use Pinterest for business and get most of the customers and sales.
Table of Content
- Why Choose Pinterest to grow buisness?
- Pinterest to grow business: Important terms you need to know.
- How to Use Pinterest to grow business - 7 best strategy!
- 1. Craft attractive Pins and in the right size.
- 2. Make use of keywords
- 3. Take advantage of Pin description.
- 4.Create Rich Pins
- 5. Be active
- 6. Start building community
- 7. Make it easy for Pinterest users to shop
Why Choose Pinterest to grow buisness?
Visual marketing is a new trend so using Pinterest for marketing is a great strategy to get customers, sales, and web traffic as well.
Usually, people think that using Pinterest for marketing is an incorrect decision as the network is not popular enough.
Well, its a myth!
Pinterest is the fourth most popular social network in the US and also has 322 million monthly active users worldwide.
Many brands like Kenzo, Starbucks, and amazon use Pinterest to showcase their products and engage more customers.
You must also know that;
- 87% of Pinterest users bought a product because of Pinterest.
- Over 50% of women bought watches, jewelry, beauty products from brands that they’ve found on Pinterest.
- Pinterest has the potential to convert a browser into buyers.
- Also, Pinterest can drive tons of web traffic and customers.
Now, do you still think that using Pinterest to grow business is a wrong decision and not worth your time?
Pinterest to grow business: Important terms you need to know.
Before we move on to “How to create a Pinterest business account and tips to grow your business. Let’s draw our attention to some main terms of Pinterest.
As Snapchat users said to be snappers, so as Pinterest to be pinners. In simple words, pinners is the term for a person who uses Pinterest.
A Pin is a content shared or a post that published on Pinterest. Pins can be of image, video, or text and can easily link back to its original source.
You can say Repin as an action of Pinterest users. When pinners liked certain posts on your board, they can Pin the same on their respective boards. That is called Repin on Pinterest!
They are kind of paid advertisements on Pinterest. You need to pay some amount to place these Pins in search results, others home feed, and also in the promoted label. Basically, it helps you to reach customers who search for services and products you offers.
Pinterest boards are a collection of Pins, that grouped around according to certain themes or topics. Pinterest offers several types of boards with different purposes;
- Group boards are similar to boards, except the fact that it allows more than one pinner to add content there.
- Secret boards are a type of board that can only be viewed by its creator and other invited collaborators. These are useful for secret planning which you don’t want to disclose with the public.
- Protected boards hold promoted Pins that are available only to advertisers. Pins on such boards can be seen across Pinterest like in search results and others home feed but won’t be shown on profile pages.
Pincodes are QR codes that you can craft to unlock your business boards and profile on Pinterest. Pinners can easily proceed to your boards or profiles by scanning the code.
Rich Pins provide extra detail on the Pin from the price to install buttons. They are completely free and accessible for anyone on Pinterest. Rich Pins are also available in four types: product, article, recipe, and App Rich Pins.
Want to use Pinterest to grow business-create a Pinterest business account.
By creating your Pinterest business profile not only access you to Pinterest analytics but also help you to grow your professional presence on Pinterest. You can set up a Pinterest business account in these ways by;
- Adding a business profile to your Pinterest account.
- Creating a new business account.
Okay, let’s started!
#1. Adding a business profile to your Pinterest account.
- First and foremost log in to your personal account and click on (three dots) at the top right corner of your profile.
- Now click on “Add a free business profile”
- Follow all the necessary prompts to create a business account like;
⇒Select at least 1 topic that can describe your business well.
⇒Add your business name, type, website, and email.
⇒Link your Instagram, Etsy, or Youtube accounts to your business Pinterest account(optional).
#2. Create a new business account
- Logged out your personal account, then go to Pinterest.com/business/create
- Enter your email and password, then click on Create Account.
- Now choose your location and language and add your business name and website link.
- Connect your other social media accounts like Instagram, Etsy, and Youtube.
Here you go your new Pinterest business account is set up, start crafting Pinterest boards and Pins. And of course, utilize Pinterest to grow business!
How to Use Pinterest to grow business - 7 best strategy!
1. Craft attractive Pins and in the right size.
On Pinterest, Pins are everything because it is a visual marketing platform. Always think of your pins as a book cover; they can only make users to dig deeper into your content.
Don’t worry! I’ve some tips for making perfect Pinterest images. Here are the winning characteristics of making attractive Pins;
- Avoid human face
- Use portrait style
- Make use of high quality and Creative images
- For background, use bright colors
- Bold text
- Your logo placement (necessary)
Well crafting attractive pins is not enough, you should also need to care about their size.
According to Pinterest, Images who are in the right dimension will showcase your products better and hook the eye of Pinterest users. I recommend you to go for vertical images over horizontal and stick to optimal size 2:3 aspect ratio for crafting attractive Pins. Each pin of yours has a chance on Pinterest to grow business.
2. Make use of keywords
As I said before Pinterest is also a search engine like google.so just like website content, Pinterest content is also searchable.
If you want to cover a wide audience then keyword research is must.start researching SEO-optimize keywords related to your Pins and make sure your Pins and Boards are tagged with those keywords.
It’s high time to know where to add these keywords; in your titles, Pins description, Boards titles, profile description, and alt image tags as well.
I recommend you to use 20 to 30 long & short keywords in your Promoted Pins. It will help you;
- to get your Pins to reach to the right audience.
- to appear your Pins in search results.
3. Take advantage of Pin description.
You know what Pinterest Pin description matters to people on Pinterest. Written information in your Pin description might be the key factor for pinners in making a decision whether to purchase that product or not.
A good Pin description explains Pinterest users what your business promotes and sells. So make smart Use of Pins description and entice your viewers. Here’s a few advice;
- I recommend you to write Pin description between 150 to 300 words.
- Add keywords and brand name in your description, it generates traffic and engagement.
- Use words like shop, find or buy in Pin description can catch the eye of Pinterest users.
- Give as much vital information you can in your description related to your Pin.
- Add price in your pin description, It may increase sales by 28%.
- Insert few hashtags, relevant to your content.
4.Create Rich Pins
Particularly for a Pinterest business account, Pinterest provides Rich Pins. It can boost sales by telling pinners more about your brand.
Rich Pins allows you to add extra context, that shows vital information which usually regular Pins don’t include. It may help you to beat your rivals.
You know what Rich Pins are the best strategy when using Pinterest to grow business. It has the potential to drive traffic to your website.
There are four different kinds of Rich Pins you can use to grow your business;
- Article Pin- It shows most of your content information at a glance.
- Product Pin- It makes shopping easier for Pinterest users. Product Pins show your current product price and add a direct link to your website.
- Recipe Pin- these kinds of Pins show information like ingredients used, cooking duration, etc.
- App Pin- It allows Pinterest users to download an app directly from it.
5. Be active
Pinterest is not a platform where you “set up & forget it.” Just crafting a few Pins and boards and leave them as it is not going to do much for your business.
Pinterest and pinners both like consistency. So I advise you to pin something relevant to your business once per day.
If you really want to use Pinterest to grow business, you need to be active and stick to it like; pinning, repining, following, and commenting regularly as well.
6. Start building community
Pinterest is also like other social networks, your business on Pinterest will grow in proportion to the efforts you put to become a part of the Pinterest community.
A great way to initiate doing this by following other boards and pinners based on your niche and build good relationships with them.
Further, you can try out Pinterest group boards, that allows pins from multiple contributors based on the same niche. When you harness the power of Pinterest group board, you can easily reach to the audience that might be interested in your products and services.
Lastly, give your precious time to comment and repin popular Pins. Always mention other brands and people names while pinning from their blogs.
7. Make it easy for Pinterest users to shop
As I said mostly Pinners are here to buy, so try to make things easy for them. You can do this by one of the Pinterest tool “shop the look Pins”
These pins make the online retail procedure easiest by allowing pinners to click on the specific product that interests them. Links directly access them to the product’s page. If they wish to buy they can do it immediately and easily.
Specifically for a business account, Pinterest introduced a shop tab. It allows pinner to shop directly from the profile page instead of going to the product’s page.
Shop the look made shopping simple and can work for both mobile and web users. From this pinners can make their purchase whenever and wherever they’re ready to do so. Hurry up! try out this as Its a great way on Pinterest to grow business.
Congratulations! now you come to know everything you need to use Pinterest to grow business. Start Utilising this platform as it is the perfect place to showcase your business or brand. And of course, with all the above tips, you’re ready to set up a Pinterest business account to grow your online presence.